The International Conference on TCVM (Annual Conference) has been conducted every year since 1999. It provides a great opportunity for veterinarians to learn from the top TCVM experts and meet TCVM practitioners from all over the world. The Annual Conference will span over the course of four days, with two days of lectures and two days of rotating workshops held at the Toronto Marriott City Centre in Toronto, Canada from July 14 - 16 (Thursday to Sunday), 2022.
The main theme for this year's conference lectures is TCVM for the Diagnosis and Treatment
of Pain, Emergency, Trauma, and Five Sense Organs Disorders.
The Annual Conference is co-sponsored by the World Association of TCVM (WATCVM).
Presentation Categories and Awards
Each selected 30-minute presentation will be awarded $300 and each selected 10-minute presentation will be awarded $150. The awards will be subtracted from the conference registration dues. A certificate will be awarded to the first-place presenter in each category.
- Clinical Application - any new acupuncture techniques/methods, herbal formulas, food therapy recipes, and Tui-na treatments in dogs, cats, or horses. This is a 30-minute presentation.
- How To - pearls and clinical tips of how to diagnose and/or treat a disease or medical condition/syndrome in dogs, cats, horses, or exotic and zoo animals. This is a 10- to 30-minute presentation.
- Case Study - any unique case in a dog, cat, horse, or other species. This is a 10-minute presentation.
- Clinical Research - any study on the efficacy or safety/side effect(s) of any TCVM therapeutic, clinically randomized, and controlled studies, or a retrospective study of a series of cases of a disease or syndrome. This is a 10- to 30-minute presentation.
How to Submit an Abstract
The abstract must be submitted in a single-spaced Microsoft Word document and must be no more than two pages in length. Email as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Abstract TCVM Conference." Abstracts must be received electronically no later than 11:59 PM (EST) on December 31, 2021. You will receive a notification by email that your abstract has been received. Please advise if an acknowledgement is not received within 5 business days of submission. Notification of acceptance or rejection of abstracts will be emailed by January 15, 2022.
The abstract must include the following items:
- Title of Topic
- Name of Author(s)
- Mailing Address
- Telephone Number
- Email Address
- Curriculum Vitae (Resume)
- Short bio (Approx. 50 words)
Important dates to take note of for abstract and presentation submission:
- December 31, 2021 - Abstract submission deadline
- January 15, 2022 - Selection notifications sent
- March 1, 2022 - Final full paper submission deadline
- June 1, 2022 - Conference registration and PowerPoint presentation submission deadline
For more information, you can reach out to email@example.com or call 1-800-860-1543, extension 421.
Network with TCVM professionals from around the world
Listen to engaging lectures from global presenters
Receive a complimentary hardcover copy of the conference proceedings
Enjoy seeing old friends and making new ones
24th Annual International Conference on TCVM
Presented in English
For veterinarians, veterinary students & their guests
Dr. Xie has 38 years of clinical, teaching, and research experience in veterinary acupuncture and TCVM. He has trained over 10,000 veterinarians to practice TCVM worldwide. Dr. Xie’s education includes advanced training in veterinary medicine, veterinary acupuncture, and human acupuncture. Dr. Xie has authored 20 books and over 100 peer-reviewed papers. His textbooks, including Xie’s Veterinary Herbology, Xie’s Veterinary Acupuncture, and Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine-Fundamental Principles, have been used for TCVM training programs around the world. Dr. Xie continues to teach and develop educational courses and programs at Chi University, serves as a full clinical professor at the University of Florida’s College of Veterinary Medicine, and is an honorary professor at China Agricultural University, South China Agricultural University, and China Southwest University.Read more
Schedule & Tuition
07/14/22 - 10/14/22
A $100 non-refundable course deposit is charged upon enrollment to reserve your seat.
Payment is due 90 days before the course start date.
A $50 convenience fee will be charged for payments and registrations received less than 90 days before the start of a session.
Register before 01/15/2022
WATCVM or AATCVM Member Discount
Frequently Asked Questions
How long will I get access to stream this event online?
You will get 3 months of access to this online course. The course can be accessed through our learning portal.